Sunday, January 6, 2008

Sunday's books

In the midst of other Sunday adventures, we read:
  • Franklin's Neighbourhood by Paulette Bourgeois and illustrated by Brenda Clark - I like that Franklin's favourite part of his neighbourhood are the neighbours. I should get out and speak with our neighbours so that Reid will know them.
  • Stella: Princess of the Sky by Marie-Louise Gay - Sam seems bolder in this tale but Stella loses none of her confidence or omniscence.
  • Stella: Fairy of the Forest by Marie-Louise Gay - the Stella books were my suggestions, I've missed Stella and Sam as they sat on the shelf while we focused on Christmas books instead.
  • Froggy Goes to School by Jonathan London and illustrated by Frank Remkiewicz - I think that Froggy's tale of fear of school and eventual success seems a good one to keep in our reperatoire since Reid will be in school in 9 short months.

No comments: