Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Wednesday books

Reid was down with a cold. She'd fought it while we had visitors but by Wednesday it was full-blown. We read:
  • The Old Woman and the Red Pumpkin by Betsy Bang and illustrated by Rachel Merriman, one of the Discovery Toys Reading Together at Home collection - I was a bit worried that Reid would be frightened by the animals intending to eat the old woman but she was more interested in what the old woman was eating to get so fat.
  • The Big White Ghost, a Clifford the Big Red Dog book by - I don't know if everyone reads Halloween books in January but I do since Reid still chooses them off of the bookshelf.
  • Dinosaur's Day Out by Nick Sharratt, one of the Discovery Toys Reading Together at Home collection - Reid is getting better at transferring what she sees on the map to the pictures on the pages that follow. Given my lack of map reading skills, I am hopeful that she will continue to develop these abilities.
  • The Cat in the Hat Comes Back by Dr Seuss - I started by asking Reid to tell me the letters of each of the little cats but she was so tired that I decided I'd best read them myself and get her to sleep.

No comments: