Thursday, January 10, 2008

Short and sweet

Reid and I were later getting back from Melissa's and so we read a few short books:
  • Who Lives on the Farm, illustrated by John Green - I wonder why farms and farm animals are so fascinating to small children. The appeal certainly has yet to diminish for Reid.
  • Which Way to School?, a Read and Roll book - I wish that it wasn't the girl bus in the trio that get's lost. I try and remember to give a feminine voice to the old pick up truck that helps Sandy find her way to school. For some reason, my default voice for vehicles seems to be male.
  • Birthday Monsters! by Sandra Boynton - I can pretty much recite this one from memory. It's a fun story. We read it more when Reid was younger but it was definitely one of the board books I kept when I did the most recent purge of the bookshelves.
  • Benny's bus (no author) - This little board book is one that I can recite without even seeing the pictures for prompts. It brings together a few of Reid's favourite things: a bus, a male named Benny (like Ben) and a little mouse that appears in various places in and on the bus.

No comments: