Friday, January 4, 2008

Pjs, toothbrush and 3 books

We were out to supper at Melissa's last night and as we drove home I was reminding Reid that we needed to be quick to get her into her pajamas and brush her teeth so that she would have time for 3 books (my daily minimum but Reid doesn't know that):
  • Two Christmas Mice by Corrine Demas and illustrated by Stephanie Roth - I'm not sure why Reid chooses Christmas books for Ken to read to her but she and I enjoyed the story and he restrained himself to only a couple of pithy comments about the book.
  • Time For School, a Clifford the Big Red Dog book, by Gail Herman and illustrated by Jim Durk - We've been reading this one for months. I'm not sure if Reid is drawn to all of the fun things that Clifford and Emily Elizabeth do during the summer or that Clifford is sad at the end of the summer. I think that there is a lot of the latter in the appeal of the book to her.
  • The Big Bad Cold, a Clifford the Big Red Dog book, by Liz Mills and illustrated by Carolyn Bracken and Ken Edwards - I like reading this book because I love doing Emily Elizabeth's stuffy nose voice. Reid is a receptive audience.

No comments: