Friday, January 4, 2008

Getting a head start on Friday's quota

Reid and I read a story in bed before getting up and another at breakfast. It made me feel calmer, knowing that I was only 1 book away from our 3 book minimum. We read:
  • If My Dad Were a Dog by Annabel Tellis - a book that I would have to like if only because of the correct use of "were" rather than "was" in the title. The story itself is a whimsical imagining of a day with your dog/dad/.
  • Winnie the Pooh Friendly Stories (Disney Musical Treasury) by Guy Davis - and I sang the song only twice (or maybe four times)
  • Stanley's Party by Linda Bailey and illustrated by Bill Slavin - I had tried to read this book to Reid a few months ago but she wasn't interested. She was more patient today and enjoyed the story of such an outrageous pooch as Stanley.
  • Very Best Friends by Ann Braybrooks and illustrated by Arkadia - Hearing Reid's "Winnifred!?" makes this book worth reading. The message that new friends don't replace old ones is a bonus.
  • Can You Find Me? by Susan James Frye and illustrated by Andrea Eberbach, a Kindermusik book from the fall session that has a skunk in it and Reid is very fond of skunks lately.

No comments: